FIRST® LEGO® League Challenge
All regional tournaments to be held remotely (digitally):
- Teams will not physically attend an event and will instead compete using the Remote Event Hub (see below) from their school, home, etc.
- It is likely that teams will not be needed for the entire event day and will instead have specific scheduled times for the opening/closing ceremony, their 1x 30min judging session, and their 3x robot games.
Regional tournaments moved to later time of May to July 2021
- This will allow teams to register later than usual and give them more time to prepare (regionals usually held December – January).
Guidance document for team coaches
- This guide provides a series of potential solutions to delivering the programme as an extra-curricular or out-of-school group.
- The guide focuses around four ‘bubble’ scenarios.
COVID-19 Risk Assessment guidance
- This document provides guidance on the potential risks of spreading COVID-19 associated with running FIRST® LEGO® League Challenge, along with ideas of safety measures that can be put in place to minimise these risks.
- It aims to assist you in creating a risk assessment specific for an extra-curricular or out-of-school setting.
Digital Interactive Engineering Notebook
- Teams can share and jointly edit the notebook on cloud/shared drives
- Interactivity allows for typing notes, uploading images and checking tasks that have been completed
- Additional to physical guides provided with registration kit.
Wireframe and Grid of RePLAY challenge mat
- These documents can be used as a scale tool to enable team members to create rough codes for navigating the season mat
- Intended for team members that cannot access the mat due to distancing or limits on sharing materials.
Remote Event Hub Information and FAQs
- The Remote Event Hub will be used to enable teams to compete remotely.
- This document introduces you to the Remote Hub which will launch in December 2020.
Purchase additional RePLAY mats (not including LEGO®)
- This will enable coaches to spread team members and mission models across a larger (distanced) space
- Additional mats cost £10.50 + VAT each
- Contact FLLChallenge@theiet.org if you wish to purchase additional mats.