Who can apply
Schools, colleges, home school groups, uniformed or youth groups based in the UK and Ireland from a disadvantaged background/area, who, without funding support, would not be able to access the programme.
What can you apply for
Applications will be assessed against the following criteria to evaluate eligibility for funding. All of the below factors will be considered but you do not need to fulfil each one to be eligible:
- Index of Multiple Deprivation (IMD) ranking
- Areas of low social mobility
- Levels of free school meals/pupil premiums or equivalent
- Levels of specialist SEND provision
We also want to know about how the funding will be used - the impact it will have, the demographic of the young people the funding would engage, and plans for longevity.
What is expected from you
If successful in receiving a funding grant, you will be expected to fulfil the following checkpoints:
- Complete a grant agreement letter, online registration and media consent form
- Access the training materials on the resources pages of the website, or attend a training session (details of these provided in your welcome email)
- Deliver in-house event (only applicable to Discover, or Explore/Challenge Class Pack)
- Attend designated event (only applicable to Explore/Challenge Team Event Registration)
- Complete end of programme feedback
Deadlines for applications
We will inform you of the outcome of your application within two weeks of the closing date.
If successful, you must complete the necessary paperwork processes within two weeks to secure your funded kit, as past this period we will reallocate to another applicant.
- Funding Phase 1 – Opens Monday, 17 July 2023. Closes midnight on Thursday, 14 September 2023
- Funding Phase 2 – Opens Monday, 23 October 2023. Closes midnight on Sunday, 26 November 2023
How to apply